Just thought I would document my efforts with uploading a local version of WordPress to a live website. I know it is straightforward. But the straightforward way did not work with Beaver Builder…
I used the “Duplicator” Plugin. I liked the ease of this plugin to upload from local to live. However, the Beaver Builder plugin did not like this.
I did it manually with exporting my db, uploading my files with FTP and doing a simple find and replace in phpmyadmin from localhost to www.domain.com. However, the Beaver Builder plugin did not like this.
At this point I was fairly annoyed so then I went to my friend called Google. I found my answer. Turns out that Beaver Builder needs a serialized find and replace. I used this one which the developers of Beaver Builder recommend: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/ – PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- Back up website and database before proceeding.
- Export local WordPress database.
- Create New Database on Web Hosting.
- Create New User on New Database and assign all privileges to said User.
- Import data to New Database.
- Upload WordPress files via FTP.
- Set permissions on uploads folder to 777.
- Amend the wp-config.php file to talk to New Database.
- Run the Serialized Find and Replace script from a folder that is different to the root folder (as in instructions!)
- Delete folder with the Serialized Find and Replace script. VERY IMPORTANT!
- Save your Permalinks.